Monday 4 April 2011

What to look for in a Wedding Photographer

Hi guys, one of the most popular questions I get asked is how to choose a wedding photographer. Let me tell you its no simple process, and its not something you can afford to get wrong either. This is why I have put together a brief step by step guide to getting the right photographer, enjoy!

  1. Unless you or your close friends and family know a local wedding photographer then chances are you'll have to search for one. My advice - search in Google for a comprehensive list of Wedding Photographers in your local area, ie wedding photography yorkshire
  2. Judge a book by its cover - be sure to check out the gallery pages of the wedding photography websites you find, the proof is always in the pudding. 
  3. Message your 3 favourite companies for a quote - prices can vary massively between wedding photographers so get an idea on the prices that best suite your budget.
  4. Organise an introduction - when I was a wedding photographer I always met up with my prospective customers to find out what they wanted from me. This always put their mind at ease and gave me a chance to show them my portfolio. (The internet wasn't around when I was a wedding photographer!)
  5. Have a pre wedding shoot - sometimes its great to trial out the photographer beforehand and having a pre wedding photo shoot is a great way to test the water. Ensuring they know the style you're after is absolutely crucial to the success of your wedding photography.

Hope you found this useful, if you have any queries please don't hesitate to get in touch!

Tess

No comments:

Post a Comment